This article will show users how to access the export capabilities for Users and Permissions in Planning. It will also help explain the data points that can be found in each export. These exports will allow users to:
- View a single user’s permissions across multiple levels of the organizational chart
- Easily filter into excel to find and verify users with global administrator access
- Determine user access to templates, reports, documents, and permission management
- Cultivate a list of user email addresses for external communication
It is important to note that Permissions in Planning are not bound by time. The permission data applies to the entire Planning Site regardless of the time period, except for one specific column in the User Export. Please note, any changes or modifications to either of the exports will not affect the Planning Site.
Access User and Permission Export Options
Only Planning Site Administrators can access the export option. To locate the export option, a user needs to first navigate to the Settings Tab. The Export option is located under the Export heading.
There are two types of exports a user can access: User Data and Permission Data. Clicking either will immediately initiate the download of that export type.
The User Export will produce a list of all users in your Planning site. The export will produce an excel file with column headings User ID, Federated User ID, First Name Last Name, Primary Email Address, Site Administrator Department ID, Department, and Department Path.
- User ID: This is created to map the user to the Permissions Export.
- Federated User ID: This is the user’s authenticated User ID that exists in Core Data.
- First Name: This is the user’s first name.
- Last Name: This is the user’s last name
- Primary Email Address: This is the user’s email address.
- Site Administrator: This field indicates whether a user has Site Administrator access or not. A ‘Yes’ indicates the user does have Site Administrator permission and a ‘No’ indicates a user does not have Site Administrator access.
- Department ID: This shows the ID of the Department where that user has permission.
- Department: This shows the name of the Department where that user has permissions.
- Department Path: This shows the path in the most recent Time Period’s organizational chart along which the Department in reference can be found. This is intended to make it easier to find Department in the organizational chart in navigation.
The Permission Export will produce a list of all the permissions in your Planning site. If a user has multiple permissions, each permission will appear as a separate row. The export will produce an excel file with column headings User ID, User, Email Address, Object Type. Object Name, Permission Level, Last Modified By, and Department.
- User ID: This references the User Id in the User Export.
- User: This is the full name of the user.
- Email Address: This is the most current email address of the user.
- Object Type: This is the type of object that the permission level applies to. Object type options are
- Object Name: This is the name of the object as it appears in the Planning site to which the permission applies
- Permission Level: This is the permission level that the user has for the given planning object. The Permission Level options are
- Reviewer (applies to templates)
- Contributor (applies to templates)
- Administrator (applies to templates)
- View (applies to reports and documents)
- Manage (applies to users, reports, and documents)
- Last Modified By: This is the name of the person who last modified the permission for the user at that Object.
- Department: This is the highest organizational unit to which the user has permission.