The Responsible Roles field within Planning templates is used to “push out” Planning items to a user’s My Dashboard > My Roles sub-tab. This would allow a user to note which items they have been designated responsible for completing or in charge of editing. To assign a user (or yourself) to as a Responsible Role, follow the steps below!
- When in edit mode of a planning item, navigate to the Responsible Roles field/table (some institutions may have renamed this field to “Responsible Person(s),” “Team Members,” etc.—ask your Site Administrator to be certain).
- Click on the “+Manage” link in the top of the table.
- In the new window, you can choose to assign yourself, or another user, to the item.
- To assign yourself, click on the “My Roles” radial button under the green “Search” button. Your Role(s) will appear in the Available Roles section at the bottom of the window.
- To assign another user, be sure you are viewing “All Institutional Roles” under the green “Search” button. All Roles will appear in the Available Roles section at the bottom of the window.
- You can also use the search features at the top of window to search for a particular Role Name, User Name, or the Department location of the Role(s).
- Choose the particular Role you would like to assign to that planning item by checking the box to the left of the role in the Available Roles area.
- Hover over the “Add” drop-down menu and click “Selected” to move the Role to the Selected Roles area.
- When all Roles are selected, click the green “Add Roles” button in the bottom-right area of the window.
- Be sure to save your item when finished. The can now be viewed in the user’s My Dashboard > My Roles sub-tab in the Responsible Only view.
*Note: Assigning a user to the Responsible Roles area does not automatically provide editing access to the assigned user’s Role. Be sure the user’s Role has the proper permission levels to access the item.